This home is surrounded by tropical paradise, with maximum privacy, and has fantastic panoramic views of the mountains and valley below. Located in a gated community near the small town of Atenas which is only 30 minutes away from the Juan Santamaria airport in San Jose. Thousands of lights across the valley come to light at night time. It is located inside a protected forestall reserve with luxurious vegetation, precious trees - like the Guanacaste (the national tree) and other flowering trees, offering a powerful mixture of colors. Wildlife is plentiful with a large variety of hummingbirds that feed daily on the flowers and Toucans.
- Open-plan, two pavilion Balinese villa, wood and glass construction, exquisite craftmanship throughout.
- Two bedrooms, 2 baths in one pavilion.
- Kitchen/dining living in front of infinity pool overlooking stunning mountain view.
- Master bedroom with huge bathroom on second floor of main pavilion.
- Two covered patios overlooking forested canyon.
- Fabulous views of mountains and valleys to the southeast.
- 4,000 m2 (1.0 +/- acres) including forested slope and canyon.
- Monkeys, sloths, toucans, mot-mots, oropendulas and trogons are frequent visitors.
You will enjoy visiting the town of Atenas that is known for its friendly and helpful people. Visit the outdoor market that offers delicious local fruits, vegetables, and seafood or dine in one of the various cafes to taste the local food specialties. Or just go and sit in the peaceful Central Park and visit with the locals or just watch the people go by. In addition, Atenas has been rated the best place to retire abroad by AARP has been ranked by the National Geographic Magazine as having one of the best climates in the world!